***ATTENTION: Please note temporary hours for Laplace, 9am-4pm Monday through Friday. Unfortunately Due To Storm Damage, Boutte Is Closed Until Further Notice (Westbank St. Charles Parish Resident Can Mention This Banner For A 10% Discount Off ABC Title’s Service Fees.***

Phone: 504-364-0725
The State of Louisiana offers Active Duty Military Personnel and Veterans several special services. Below is a list of these services that your local ABC Title is authorized to provide. ABC Title charges additional fees to provide Private DMV services. We provide a 25% military discount off all of our additional fees.

ABC TITLE OF CHALMETTE - Veteran and Military Servicemen and Servicewomen

The RealID is not required until October 2020 for more information click here.

  1. Active Duty
  2. Veterans
  3. Other Military License Plates


1) Active Duty

If you are Active Duty, there are a couple of things that ABC Title can do to assist with your Department of Motor Vehicle needs. You are eligible for a “Tax Break” when moving to Louisiana, provided you have paid sales tax on your vehicle in the previous state. Additionally, there are Active Duty License Plates available for most Branches of Military.

2) Veteran

Veterans are allowed “Special Designations” by the Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles. ABC Title can provide these same services easily and without the wait. Veteran License Plates for your vehicles, indicators on your Driver’s License, and additional services for Disabled Veterans. Here are all of the things with which ABC Title can assist our Veterans.

3) Other Military License Plates


Q. What forms of payment do you accept?

A. We accept cash, debit, and all major credit cards (including AMEX). Note there is an additional 3% fee for credit card payments. We do not accept personal checks.

Q. Do you offer Veteran’s discounts?

A. Yes, at ABC Title, we support our troops! Simply provide proof that you are a Veteran and you are eligible for 25% off ABC Title’s service fee. (Discount does not apply to fees payable to the State of Louisiana).

Q. If I am Active Duty, am I exempt from paying my sales tax on my vehicle in Louisiana?

A. You are exempt from “use” tax only, provided you can prove that you paid sales tax on the vehicle in another state prior to registering your vehicle in Louisiana. Unfortunately, you are not exempt from any initial purchase sales tax.

Q. What documents must I bring with me?

A. This varies on which service you are seeking. Any Disabled Veteran benefits related to the Office of Motor Vehicles requires your letter from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs reflecting at least a 50% disability. General Veteran’s services typically require your DD214 or other acceptable proof. There is a link following each product above that outlines the individual requirements for each.