Driver’s License Gentilly

Driver's Licenses can now be issued Monday through Saturday in Metairie and Harvey and Monday through Friday at all other offices! We are contracted with, and authorized by, the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles to issue Official Louisiana Driver’s Licenses. We interface with the State and use the same camera system, so we can issue first time licenses (TIP upgrades), renew your Driver’s License, issue a duplicate Drivers License, or change the address on your current Driver’s License. You are out in minutes instead of hours!


CDL’s are provided by our Metairie Location only Monday through Friday with certain restrictions.  Click here for more information. Real IDs can now be issued Monday through Saturday at our Metairie and Harvey Locations and Monday through Friday at all of the other stores! We are contracted with and authorized by the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles to issue Official Louisiana Driver’s Licenses. We interface with the State and use the same camera system, so we can issue first-time licenses (TIP upgrades), renew your Driver’s License, issue a duplicate Driver’s License, or change the address on your current Driver’s License. You are out in minutes instead of hours!

  1. Name Changes
  2. Real ID Upgrade
  3. First Time Driver’s License
  4. Driver’s License Renewal
  5. Duplicate Driver’s License
  6. Change of Address
  7. Motorcycle Endorsements
  8. Wildlife and Fisheries Endorsement
  9. Driver’s License Emergency Contact
  10. Blood Type Indicator
  11. Autism Indicator
  12. State to State Driver’s License (including the RealID)
  13. CDL Transactions (Metairie Store Only)

Taking the Driver’s Education Course? Download the Class D & E Driver’s Guide (R0914)



Were you married, or divorced, or have you otherwise legally changed your name? ABC Title can assist with updating your license in two simple steps.

First, you must visit the social security administration and update your name there. Then, you must wait 24 hours and bring us the letter they issue to you confirming the change.

Finally, we need a certified copy of the official name change document (Usually divorce decree or birth certificate; marriage license; or court order). Don’t forget your proof of insurance if you own a vehicle

*Note: If you have both a Driver’s License and State ID, you must change your name on both or cancel one.


Although you will not need to be Real ID-compliant for air travel until May 7, 2025, ABC Title can issue them now. After May 7, 2025, visitors seeking access to military bases and federal facilities must have a driver’s license or identification card that is Real ID compliant. Simply bring one primary form of ID, two secondary forms, and two proofs of residency. For your Real ID Checklist click here and for frequently asked questions regarding the Real ID, click here.

*NOTE: If your primary document (Passport or Birth Certificate) reflects your maiden name, then you must also bring your marriage license.


Every new driver must obtain a Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP) from the OMV, take Driver’s Education, and a road skills test at the OMV or with a third-party provider prior to obtaining a Driver’s License regardless of age. (Click here for a list of third-party providers)

Applicants who are 16 years old are eligible for an Intermediate License (click for details) after having a learner's permit for 180 days. Once an applicant with a learner’s permit reaches the age of 17, he or she is eligible for a full license. Applicants over 17 years of age are not required to apply for a permit or intermediate license.

Bring your TIP, a sealed envelope containing the results of the road skills test, and proof of insurance if you own a car. If you are under 18 years of age, bring your birth certificate and your parent or legal guardian with their ID.


When your Driver’s License expires, there is no quicker or easier way to renew than visiting ABC Title of Gentilly. Simply bring your proof of auto insurance (if you own a car) and be ready to take another picture. You will also be required to pass an eye exam, so be sure to bring your glasses or wear your contact lens. Most people are finished with their new Driver’s License in hand in under 15 minutes… Scaryfast!


Lost your Driver’s License? Don’t worry, at ABC Title we can print a duplicate Driver’s License in minutes instead of hours. Be sure to bring your proof of insurance if you own a car and be ready to take another picture. (if you are under 18 years of age, bring your Certificate of Enrollment from school, birth certificate, and your parent or legal guardian with their ID).


Did you recently move from one address in Louisiana to another address in Louisiana? Did you know that you can be cited by a police officer for an incorrect address on your Driver’s License? ABC Title of Gentilly can update the Louisiana address on your Driver’s License in just a few minutes. Bring your proof of insurance if you own a vehicle and get ready to smile for your new picture. *ALL CHANGES OF ADDRESS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE PROOF OF RESIDENCY. For a list of acceptable proofs click here.


An applicant must possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license or learner’s permit. An applicant must provide an original certificate of completion of the Department of Public Safety, Motorcycle Safety, Awareness and Operators Training Program to ABC Title (this is a small card reading “Basic Motorcycle Operators Training Course).

The course can be taken at the Louisiana State Police and a course schedule may be found by clicking here.

Public Tag Agencies are not allowed to add the MC endorsement if testing is handled by any other entity at this time.


If you have a lifetime hunting license, lifetime fishing license, Firearm and Hunter’s Education certificate of completion or Boating Safety Education certificate of competition, ABC Title can add the appropriate endorsement to your driver’s license. Simply bring us your license and/or certificates. Regular driver’s license fees apply.


Did you know that if you ask, you can have an emergency contact added to your Driver’s License record? In the event of an accident, a police officer can access emergency contact information using the Driver’s License number if you are unable to communicate. In a separate transaction, a contact name, address, relationship and multiple contact numbers can be added. Add a loved one’s contact information to your Driver’s License or add your contact information to your minor child’s Driver’s License. It is a fast and easy transaction that can be completed along with a duplicate, renewal, or change of address. This can also be a stand-alone transaction. Let ABC Title provide you with this additional level of security and peace of mind.


Ask us about adding your blood type to your driver’s license. This is a way to get some extra peace of mind for you or your minor children who drive and there is no additional fee if you are adding it in conjunction with another Driver’s License transaction. In the event of an emergency, medical provider’s can act fast. This also compliments the Organ Donor indicator and the emergency contact information.

11) Autism Indicator

Eligible Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles customers can now request to have an “Autism” indicator added to their driver’s license. Qualified applicants include any person diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder by a qualified medical or mental health professional. The autism indicator will appear under the customer’s picture on the license.

Applicants must provide one of the following documents to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles in order to have the designation added:

  • Medical Examiner’s Certification of Autism Spectrum Disorder form completed by the medical or mental health professional
  • A statement from a qualified mental health professional licensed in Louisiana or any other state or territory of the United States verifying the applicant’s disability.

12) State to State Driver’s License (including the RealID)

If you are new to this state and have an out-of-state driver’s license, ABC Title can transfer your class E Driver’s License to Louisiana.  Simply bring your current unexpired driver’s license, original birth certificate OR passport, and one proof of residency (If you want the RealID, be sure to bring two printed proofs of residency).  


CDL transactions can ONLY be processed at our Metairie location Monday through Friday. We cannot issue first-time CDLs and we CANNOT process any transaction on a CDL that has a HAZMAT endorsement. ALL CDL TRANSACTIONS REQUIRE A CURRENT MEDICAL CERTIFICATE AND PROOF OF INSURANCE.  Click here to visit the Metairie CDL page for more information.


A. Unfortunately, we cannot move anyone up the ladder regarding Chauffeurs Licenses or Commercial Licenses. We can only Downgrade between Class A, B, C, and D.  

A. You will not need the Real ID until May 7, 2025. For more information click here.

A. Regular 6-year Class E Driver’s License with no endorsements or late fees cost $32.50 plus our $23.00 Convenience Fee. For a full chart of fees click here.

A. Yes. Click here to see our list of Veteran’s Services!

A. ABC Title may be able to help you. Check out our Reinstatement Services page or call us for additional information.

A. Unfortunately, this is not a service that a Public Tag Agency can provide. This service is a service that we may be able to provide in the future.

A. Unfortunately, you must visit your local DMV for the initial issuance. Public Tag Agents like ABC Title can help you with renewals, changes of address, and duplicates. For a list of DMV Locations, click here.

A. Not currently. But we are hopeful that this service will be extended to Public Tag Agencies in the near future.

A. We are permitted to charge a $23.00 Convenience Fee a bit more than the DMV. How much is your time worth? By using us, you can avoid hours of sitting and waiting.

A. In order to maintain updated records, the state requires a new photo with every renewal, change, or duplicate.

A. We can renew your Driver’s License if you already have this endorsement. However, you must visit your local DMV to add a first-time endorsement.

A. You can renew as early as 180 days (six months) before the expiration date.

A. After July 2015 the state fee increased, but Driver’s Licenses are valid for 6 years.

A. That is a “Vanity Indicator” that anyone can get. The cost is an additional $5.00 per year.

A. The “Autism” designation can be displayed on any class driver’s license, including the TIP, but may not be placed on Class I (Identification Card) or Class H (Handicap Identification Card) credentials.