***ATTENTION: Please note temporary hours for Laplace, 9am-4pm Monday through Friday. Unfortunately Due To Storm Damage, Boutte Is Closed Until Further Notice (Westbank St. Charles Parish Resident Can Mention This Banner For A 10% Discount Off ABC Title’s Service Fees.***

Phone: 504-364-0725
Contracted with the Office of Motor Vehicles, an ABC Title Public Tag office can assist you with all of your license plate needs.


The RealID is not required until October 2020 for more information click here.

  1. License Plate Renewals
  2. Special Plates
  3. Replacement of Lost Plates
  4. Plate Transfers
  5. Antique Plate Order
  6. Non-Use Status
  7. Plate Cancellation


1) License Plate Renewal

This is also known as a “registration renewal.” The Sticker on your License Plate coincides with the expiration year on the Registration kept in your glove compartment. ABC Title can renew your Plate and get you back on the road in just a few minutes.

2) Special Plates

Louisiana has dozens of Specialized License Plates from which car owners can choose. Chances are your local DMV does not stock them all. However, one of your local ABC Title Public Tag Agencies probably do! Colleges, High Schools, Special Interests, Industry or Military, there is probably a plate out there that fits your interests. Click here to check the list and call a local ABC for availability.
*Also, see our Veterans and Military Servicemen’s page for a detailed list of Military plates.

3) Replacement of Lost Plate

Has your Plate been lost or stolen? Don’t waste a day at the DMV. Visit your local ABC Title for a quick and easy replacement. Bring your photo I.D., proof of insurance, and Registration (if available), and you will have a replacement in minutes.

4) Plate Transfers

If you already have a Special License Plate on a vehicle you currently own, we can re-assign that Plate to another vehicle that you own or are purchasing. Special Plates are YOURS for life and can follow you to any car you own – Ask a local ABC Title for assistance!

5) Antique Plate Order

ABC Title cannot issue Antique Plates on site. However, we can assist you with the process! “Any private passenger automobile, van, private truck up to 16,000 lbs, motor home, or motorcycle which is at least twenty-five (25) years old and which has been restored to its original condition without modifications contrary to stock specifications, is eligible for this plate.” If your car meets the above requirement, simply bring a color photograph of the vehicle, your proof of insurance, and your Registration and we will do the rest. In a few weeks, your Antique Plate will arrive at your door.

6) Non-Use Status

Most people know that they must turn-in their License Plate to avoid fines if they are selling a car or otherwise canceling their insurance. Perhaps the car is not running and they want to suspend insurance until it is fixed.
What most people don’t know is that they can keep the Plate on the car, avoid the fine, and avoid the Parish or City harassment for having a “plate-less” vehicle in their driveway. Simply visit a local ABC Title to put your Plate in Non-Use status and avoid trouble with fines.

7) Plate Cancellation

Plan on cancelling your insurance? Sold your car? Wrecked your car? Save yourself future headaches and fines by cancelling your plate online, or by reporting your sale online. Do you want to keep the plate on your car so the Parish won’t sticker it, but still want to put a hold on your insurance because you aren’t driving it? Then a statement of non-use is what you need.

Click here to cancel your plate.
Click here to notify the state that your vehicle was sold.
Click here to put your plate in a state of non-use


Q. What forms of payment do you accept?

A. We accept cash, debit, and all major credit cards (including AMEX). Note there is an additional 3% fee for credit card payments. We do not accept personal checks.

Q. Can ABC Title issue a Personalized License Plate? Can I pick my lettering?

A. This is not something with which ABC Title can directly assist you with. There is an online application for this service that can be found by clicking here.

Q. Can I turn in a plate for someone else?

A. Yes. However, an “Official Cancellation Receipt” can only be given to the Registered Owner of the vehicle.

Q. If I just bought a car, can ABC Title issue a License Plate?

A. Yes, we can process your Title Transfer Click here for details.