Under general supervision, the Notary / Public Tag Agent performs a variety of office support and technical tasks relating to motor vehicle transactions and tax collection. DMV or other automotive or loan financing exposure is especially helpful.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Process motor vehicle titles and registrations.
• Issue Driver’s Licenses and State IDs.
• Receive payments of titles and vehicle registrations.
• Accept tax payments and file documentation.
• Enter and retrieve information on computer and answer multi-line phone system.
• Prepare and issues motor vehicle titles, registrations, validations, and license plates.
• Prepare documents related to motor vehicle titles and registrations.
• The Public Tag Agent may also be involved in daily cash-out process, daily shipping process, scanning and saving all motor vehicle records to the computer.
• Performs a variety of office support tasks, including answering the telephone, reading and and forwarding email messages, answering questions in person and over the telephone about sales taxes, driver’s license, reinstatements, motor vehicle, and entering data into the computer. Follow up phone calls to customers may be necessary.
• Examines documents submitted by customers for motor vehicle titles and registrations. Determines authenticity of documents. Issues appropriate license and registrations.
• Data entry of all information from the Vehicle Application (VEH) to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) system to print vehicle registration; including making sure the correct transaction type is typed.
• Proofreading all information from (VEH) including: verifying taxes and fees, license plate, lienholder information, owner's information and mileage to the vehicle's registration.
• Prepares all end of the day DPS reports using designated forms.
• Notarization of documents (if you are a notary).
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Performance based bonuses.
• Company paid holidays
• Personal time off
• Paid company training
What We Look For:
• One year of banking, DMV, automotive registration or motor vehicle title experience is helpful but not essential
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• Must be punctual and have reliable transportation.
• Must work well with others
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to prioritize (and reprioritize) when necessary.
Who We Are + What We Do:
ABC Title is a full-service Notary and Public Tag Office, delivering SCARYFAST DMV services with a personal, no-hassle environment. Interfaced with Louisiana DMV computers, our staff has full-access to DMV records utilizes technologically advanced systems to ensure our customers are helped quickly and efficiently.